Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Film photos from Chincoteague, Virginia

Assateague/Chincoteague Island vacation photos Part Two (Part One found here)

Chincoteague Island film photos:

Chincoteague, Virginia

While visiting Chincoteague, we climbed to the top of Assateague Lighthouse. This was after we poked around outside a bit admiring the scenery and reading about the island.

Chincoteague, Virginia

Chincoteague, Virginia

Chincoteague, Virginia

I'm not going to lie, I got a little panicked while ascending the stairs. I got through it, though, as I was determined to see the view from the observation deck!

Chincoteague, Virginia

Chincoteague, Virginia
Graceful egrets

Camera: Nikon FM 10
Film: Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400

Chincoteague Island digital photos:

Chincoteague, Virginia

Chincoteague, Virginia

Chincoteague, Virginia

If you're ever in coastal Maryland or Virginia, do yourself a favor and visit Assateague. There's lots to do in terms of recreation, but, above all the awesome ecosystem will really take hold of your heart. I can't wait to return.

The rest of the photos from this vacation can be found here, here, here, here, and here.

9 comments:

Leire said...

These pics are so great :) I do love lighthouses, there's something so romantic about them... This reminds me of The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf... good memories :)

TrophyBoutique said...

Pretty. Love the one with the shadows the best.
xo
Laurel

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

An intriguing place. I like the strange names, the lighthouse, and those lovely egrets. One of my favourite birds..

C.Elizabeth said...

I really like the way you photographed the place!
I have never been there but once I move back to Canada, I'll make sure to go!

Erin Cathleen said...

Love your photos. I'll be sure to go there someday! I'd planned a Virginia trip for last month but had to postpone. But soon! :)

Louise said...

Alas, I have never been to New England! Fie on me! But your pictures are so lovely.

chelsea said...

Chincoteague! Like the ponies!

Anonymous said...

There is something about the depth of film photos or maybe I am just imaginging that :) Such a beautiful place and an odd thought that it 's moving :)


There are areas of Britain more geared up for snow but here cold snaps are usually so brief and rare that it 's simply not viable to spend money on too much preparation. They just shut the schools and advise people to stay at home when it gets really bad. They do grit or salt the roads (unless they run out) :)

Raquel said...

I love lighthouses!
The last film picture is just perfection, you're a great photographer Emily! I wish I was half like you.

Thank you for the last comments on my blog, they all made me smile, I really appreciate what you write always!

PS: I had to break my shopping ban and bought those Zara ankle boots I posted on my blog! Well I didn't completely cheat on my ban because my aunt gave me the money for them so I didn't spend what I had previously (or I said that to try to make it up haha!). But anyway I think you'd look great in ankle boots! So if you want them get them as well! I was really undecided about brown or black till when I actually had them in my hands, but I went for black because it seemed better than the brown ones (when I thought the contrary online!) and also because black fits my wardrobe better I think.

Happy Friday and have a pleasant weekend :)