Lastly, do you remember a few weeks ago when I shared some Polyvore sets and asked you all to guess which item you thought I received for Christmas? Without further ado, my wrapped and packaged surprise was...
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Changing my stripes
First order of business: I got a haircut. A very long overdue haircut. I'm fortunate to have my sister as my personal hair stylist. She's the only person on the planet who can go anywhere near my head with a pair of scissors. Here's hoping that we always live in the same state. Haircuts could get rather expensive otherwise ;) I didn't do anything drastic to my hair unless you consider chopping 7 inches off drastic. My plan was to go in to the salon and have her cut 5 inches off, but once those initial five were gone we looked at each other and said, "keep going." While I do miss my long tresses spilling out from under my hats (exhibit a, b, & c), I love the fresh just-cut bounce and feeling my hair now has.
Next up: I'm wearing stripes. Horizontal stripes, that is. I have a few pretty pinstripe blouses, but tracking down the perfect striped shirt has eluded me until now. Well, okay, I do have this amazing nautical sweater pictured here. But back to the t-shirt -- it's so soft and cozy, the latter of which I attribute to it being a size or two larger than what I normally wear.
Cardigan: gift (TJ Maxx), Shirt: H&M, thrifted J. Crew corduroys, Headband: Forever 21, Shoes: gift (Target)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Your hair looks great. I'm so envious that you have somene in your family who can do your hair. That is a fantastic perk!
your hair looks so shiny and healthy! your sister did a wonderful job!
Your hair is so cute! And I love your stripy shirt. Love the look!
iamemmamusic.blogspot.com
I love your new hair cut and I think it really suits you. I have always liked your hair because it is so perfectly straight. I usually ask my mum to cut my hair because I don't trust hair dressers very much because I have had a lot of bad experiences with them and they always do things that I have not told them to do. So its good to save the money and I think a family member always has your best interests in consideration when cutting your hair. I like your outfit because horizontal stripes are very in at the moment especially with the nautical look and your shoes are just perfect. I love how they sparkle.
oh Emily I adore your hair! it looks so fresh and ready for spring! I still haven't cut mine (I'm too reticent to hairdresses because my hair is wild to tame and most don't know how to cut it right!) but I am thinking of going there tomorrow!
ahh and those flats! I'd never had guessed over them, but they do look great, and that stripey, comfy yet stylish outfit+new hair had the greatness to you!
hope you have a great week!
x
Yay for haircuts! They always feel so great. Okay, not always, sometime hair has trouble coping. Like it needs a day to get used to it's new state, but they it is pretty great.
Love the stripes! Keep branching out into patterns you aren't used to. You'll be surprised how much fun it is. If you decide it is you then it can be.
Love the shoes!
you look lovely with your new 'do. :) and zebra flats is just adorable...
Shorter hair does suit you. You are adorable! :) And the sparkly zebra-print flats are just perfection.
Post a Comment