Cardigan: thrifted; Shirt, necklace, & rings: H&M
Skirt: vintage, Tights: Hue, Shoes: Aldo
At first it seemed that the headless-Emily outfit shot would be the only one to make it into this post. The reason being that my left eyelid kept getting all droopy while I was taking these photos. Weird, I know. Perhaps it was some sort of crazy side effect from the colder weather? Hmm. Eventually, a photo was snapped with both of my eyelids cooperating. Thanks guys. Let me tell you, it was a goofy time!
Want to know what else is goofy? The song this sweater reminds me of. Back when I was in middle and high school I liked listening to ska-punk. Some of my favorite bands at the time were Save Ferris, Less Than Jake, and The Aquabats. Oh, The Aquabats. They have a large repertoire of very silly songs including the sartorially-titled "Red Sweater." If you're up for a laugh, have a listen!
Want to know what else is goofy? The song this sweater reminds me of. Back when I was in middle and high school I liked listening to ska-punk. Some of my favorite bands at the time were Save Ferris, Less Than Jake, and The Aquabats. Oh, The Aquabats. They have a large repertoire of very silly songs including the sartorially-titled "Red Sweater." If you're up for a laugh, have a listen!
Haha, sometimes I really like my music less than serious. So much fun. Anywho, this red cardigan is a foray into the world of red clothing. I've had an aversion to the color for awhile, but I'm slowly making nice with it again. I snagged this cardi back in August, but I forgot about it until last week. It spent a few months hanging out in a shopping bag on the backseat of my car. Since it's come inside I haven't wanted to take it off. It's so cozy!
Tell me, is there anything super cozy that you've been living in lately?


12 comments:
you look lovely, cozy chic I may add :) and you're right sometimes listening to silly music is fun!
I am loving all your rings dear! and also you should consider getting more red, since it looks so nice with your complexion! I love seeing white girls with dark hair wearing red! so I suppose that's why I love wearing red, despite not doing it much often!
as of what I've been living in, well in London, scarves, due to cold weather, then I came back to my home town yesterday and it feels so warm that I just wore a blouse hehe! though I am really into knitwear, but that's not new :)
also thank you so much for your comments about London! I loved every minute about it and really hope I can go back soon!
OMG I was just thinking of the Aquabats. I had an ex boyfriend that loved them. So much that he had the costume. Ha!
Hello...just found your blog....love your outfit....I love the brown skirt..I cant seem to find one ANYWHERE!!!
You look great:)
Stop by and say Hello ♥
Enter my Awesome ModCloth Giveaway
Oh I remember when ska hit mainstream and I was in college and listening to No Doubt when they first came out. The Aquabats remind me of that time completely!
The super cozy thing I've been living in is a perfect pair of tailored navy blue pants which stop at a the skinniest part of my ankle :) Strange I know, but I've been looking for pants like that for so long.
haha. aquabats were a junior high love of mine as well. red sweater is one of their stranger songs. like it. anyway! i love your red sweater as well.
haaay.
you look lovely! fantastic color combination - loving the red sweater :)
http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/
Red was never my favourite colour, but I've had to admit in recent years that red clothing really suits me. Like Raquel said, it's the light skin, dark hair contrast. I remember buying my old red coat, and wondering if I should get a more sensible and neutral colour like grey, but then being so happy I'd gone with the red. It really brightens up a person's face, I find. I particularly like the shad of your cardigan. Almost on the way to a cranberry colour.
I've been living in my enormous yellow cardy from a few posts ago. I kind of want to disappear into it!
that's a fantastic color!
Oh Emily you look so beautiful and I love red on you. I adore your shoes they are so sweet. I like the whole colour combination you have here. I also think you have the most amazing hair. I wish I had straight hair. Did you make your hair darker?
Ahh, how I remember your affinity for the Aquabats. And you burned me CDs! :D
This looks like the perfect red cardigan. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a bright, cozy one too. I used to be afraid of red (I don't think it goes with my coloring), but it's always nice to embrace brighter shades during the darker months! And ohh, it gets so dark so early now! Bummer! Hope you're still enjoying the occasional pumpkin spice latte, though. ^_^
And your hair is getting so long again! Just had to point that out. It looks pretty!
Red is my favorite color! I must say, you are a champ at pairing brown and black. I am still trying to climb that mountain. Thank you for the inspiration!
I think red looks super gorgeous on you! :D haha I keep reusing all my clothes when I go to the hospital because they're plain boring and they have to be slightly more 'formal' and I can't be bothered to update my so called work-clothing wardrobe. So I've been living in a lot of that but not like they're comfy or anything -___-
Post a Comment